Home » Uncategorized » Currently Reading:

November 28, 2012 Uncategorized 13 Comments

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you who have been so supportive regarding my decision to home school my son.  I had no idea there were so many home schoolers out there!

After I got over the initial fear I feel very empowered about the whole thing.  I KNOW he’s learning (not goofing around in class) because I am right there.

He has to work.  And I think I choose more challenging work.  I am excited . . .

Anyway mad props to all of you Home schoolers and thanks for the support!

Currently there are "13 comments" on this Article:

1. katie cook says:

ae te crezca I think it is great you chose to do that you are the best teacher your child could ever have

2. michelle henderson says:

judge lynn, i am a fan of your’s because you use common sense.i hope to never have to use your services. i’m blessed with a good man,who is a real man. he is not perfect, and sometimes can be a pain. so can i, but he accepts me as i am and he makes sure i know that he loves me everyday.

3. Anita M. Warren says:

I think it’s AWESOME to make a decision of Home Schooling. It is very tough and time consuming but well worth it. I had no doubt that you could not accomplish this feat. You are a wonderful, generious, & gifted humanitarian.

I have so much respect for you.

I hope you had a fantastic thanksgiving with your new grandbaby. I’m on grandbaby #2. Kiniya 2yrs old & Kiara 6wks today.

My daughter asked me not to give the baby mashed potatoes because she’s breastfeeding. I said “Of course NOT”! “SIKE”! I gave some to my first, of course I’m gonna give it to my next. :-)

My you have a “Blessed and Productive Day”! Live, Luv, LYFE! :-)

4. Saphron Roysdon says:

Its probably a good decision to do that. Less distraction and more focus on education. You seem like you would be good at teaching. You tell it like it is!

5. Kelly Howard says:

You’re very inspiring Judge. I promise he’ll thank you later! :-)

6. JackieB says:

In order to help the young generation from failing you ahve to teach at a level that will give them pride for the little steps they take in moving forward

7. Keesha says:

What made you come to the decision to home school? What kind of challenges did you have with your son in the classroom? I ask because i have a 7 year old that is a bright kid but doesn’t do well when the teacher is speaking to the entire class (lecturing). She completely checks out or zone out when she isn’t being spoken to directly or directly engaged. It’s starting to concern me.

I can look at some of her worksheets that she brings home and know when during the day she has “checked out”.

• Judge Lynn says:

EXACTLY!!! We worked for years trying to keep him focused in a group setting. I even used to go and sit in the class room with him. Didn’t help . . . So I finally just brought it on in.

8. Keesha says:

Thanks for your reply! Best wishes with your son and his home schooling!

9. Monica says:

Hello Judge Lynn,
    I am currently home-educating my 13 year old son for about three years. Wow, it is challenging, however we are enjoying every minute, well not every minute.LOL
    Happy Schooling,
    Monica

10. Deborah1962 says:

I wished I could have done that with my son now 25 but sadly, his disabilities were far too advanced for this. I did the next best thing though, I was very much active in his classes and education as a whole. I made sure my son was plugged into everything regarding his disabilities I could find. I also was a constant be it in communication with his teachers to his IEPs. You’re doing something I wish I could have done. Best of luck to you Judge Toler. I love Divorce Court. I am not married nor have I ever been, I’m a loner, but I really enjoy the spectacle some make of themselves in your courtroom. The ones I really dislike are the show boaters that not only act for the audience but treat their women as slaves either making them grovel or subservient. I cannot tell you how many times I thought: He wouldn’t make it with me because I don’t take kindly to being subservient. Thankfully we don’t see many of those neanderthal attitudes in your courtroom. Caveman mentality doesn’t fly very far nowadays.

• Judge Lynn says:

I have so much respect for what you are doing with your son. Though you couldn’t home school you were intimately involved with his education and you did the best thing for him. Three deep bows to you! Have a wonderful holiday!

11. I simply want to tell you that I am very new to blogs and absolutely enjoyed your blog site. Likely I’m likely to bookmark your website . You certainly have good articles. Thanks a lot for sharing with us your webpage.

Comment on this Article: